The best 500GB hard drive you will ever purchase is the ioSafe rugged portable. ioSafe makes the World's most mobile and portable hard drives! These USB 3.0 hard drives have been smashed, bashed, dunked in water, blasted with shotguns and they still work as if nothing ever happened to them. ioSafe takes data storage and data recovery very seriously and the 500GB portable hard drive is their toughest yet!
More than just the fastest interface on the market. The USB 3.0 rugged portable + Data Recovery Service is the best choice for data backup.
|Data Recovery Service (DRS)
Accidental deletion, formats, corruption or disasters can happen to anyone at anytime. The ioSafe DRS is a one-time, any reason, data recovery service for ioSafe to help you get your data back whenever you decide to exercise this option. It includes shipping, replacement hardware, ioSafe services and up to $5000 for third party forensic recovery if required. Click here for more details.
If your ioSafe Rugged Portable stops working for absolutely any reason within the warranty period, we'll replace it or repair it. It's that simple.
Full Metal JacketTM Technology: CNC-machined from a billet of solid metal, the aluminum enclosure is crush-resistant to 2,500 lbs. and the titanium alloy enclosure to 5,000 lbs.
Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20' drops (SSD version) and 10' drops (250-750 GB HDD versions, 1TB HDD requires optional drive skin) per MIL-STD-810G Method 516.5.
HydroSafeTM Technology protects data during immersion up to 3 days in freshwater or saltwater to a depth of 10' (aluminum version) or 30' (SSD or titanium version) per IP68. The ioSafe Rugged Portable continues to protect data even when connected via USB.
ChemSafeTM Technology protects data during periods of immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids and aircraft fuels to a 12' depth for 1 hour per MIL-STD-810G Method 504.
||Extreme environment protection
EnviroSafeTM Technology protects data from continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain for up 24 hours per MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
AltiSafeTM Technology enables operation at altitudes up to 15,000 ft. (aluminum version) and 30,000 feet (SSD and titanium versions) per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4.
Theft resistant Kensington Lock compatible slot can be used to secure the drive to almost any immovable object with optional Kensington® Locks.
Blazingly fast performance via USB 3.0 of up to 5 GB/s. USB 2.0 is also supported.
||Backup software and Encryption
Includes the award-winning GenieTM Timeline Pro backup software ($60 retail value) that features Continuous Data Protection, Full System Disaster Recovery, Open File Backup, backup of files synced between your iPhone/iPad/iPod or BlackBerry device and computer, and more. Open-source encryption software TrueCrypt is also supplied.
Specification for the ioSafe Rugged Portable, 500GB mobile hard drive | USB 3.0
- 5400 or 7200 RPM HDD in 250 GB to 1TB capacities
- SSD capacities from 256GB-512GB
- Supports both PCs and Macs
- Billet-machined Aluminum and Titanium enclosures
- USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0 computers)
Physical Security Specifications
- Full Metal JacketTM Technology — CNC machined enclosure from a solid billet of aluminum (Al) or titanium (Ti) alloy. Crush resistant to up to 5000 lbs (Ti) and 2500 lbs (Al) yet weighs as little as a pound (Al).
- Full Suspension DriveTM Technology — Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20' drops (SSD version) and 10' drops (250-750 GB HDD versions, 1TB HDD requires optional drive skin) per MIL-STD-810G Method 516.5.
- HydroSafeTM Technology — Waterproof yet heat conducting barrier to protect against data loss in up to 10' for 3 days in fresh water or salt water (aluminum version) or 30' for 3 days (titanium version) per IP68. Protects data even when USB or FW plug is in. No requirement for a connector cap to retain data protection.
- ChemSafeTM Technology — Full immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids, aircraft fuels, 12' depth for 1 hour with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Method 504
- EnviroSafeTM Technology — Continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain, 24 hours with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
- AltiSafeTM Technology — High altitude operation. 15K ft. (Alum.) and 30K ft. (SSD and Ti.) rated altitudes per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4
- Theft Resistant Kensington® Lock compatible slot solid metal construction — theft protection
Software Specifications (included but not required for use)
- Genie TimelineTM Pro Full Version2 ($60 Value) Award winning backup software. Simple, block level, open file and OS Continuous Data Protection (CDP) software for Windows users. Disaster recovery for entire hard drive including programs and settings, roll back and AES encryption features for the ultimate protection. Registration required at www.iosafe.com to validate purchase prior to downloading software and install code.
- Apple® Mac® TimeMachine® Supported — Apple Time Machine fully supported. Reformat of device may be required. Simple instructions online at www.iosafe.com
- TrueCrypt® AES-256 Encryption Compatible3 - Open source, encryption software. FIPS 140-2, ISO/IEC 10118-3:2004. PC, Mac and Linux compatible.
Inside The Box
- ioSafe Rugged Portable + DRS
- USB 3.0 Cable (USB 3.0 version)
- Owners Manual and Warranty
- Intel Pentium II 350 Mhz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
- For USB 3.0/USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support applicable specifications
- Operating: 0-35°C (95°F)
- Non-operating: -40°C to 65°C
- Operating Humidity: 5% - 80% (non-condensing)
- Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full immersion, 10 feet, 3 days.
Electrical — AC input
Voltage: 80 ~ 264 VAC at 50/60 HZ
Typical Power Consumption: < 5W
ioSafe Data Recovery Service Terms and Conditions
- To be activated, the ioSafe Data Recovery Service ("DRS") must be activated with the ioSafe product registration process and is a requirement prior to the use of your DRS plan.
- If you or your company has a disaster or system failure, simply call 1.530.820.3090 ext. 430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ioSafe Disaster Response Team will assist you with the recovery process through telephone and email support.
- A Disaster Response Team Leader will be assigned to your disaster as your single point of contact.
- ioSafe will provide up to $5,000 for data recovery services, depending on the ioSafe product purchased.
- All overnight freight costs associated with the disaster event paid for by ioSafe.
- Free replacement of comparable ioSafe unit loaded with recovered data.
- Follow up support to integrate recovered data with computer system.
- Available during the original warranty period and can be extended up to 5 years for an additional fee.
As applicable during the Data Recovery Service period and upon validated registration of an ioSafe (the Company) product on the Company's website (www.iosafe.com), the Company or its contracted partner will assist the original purchaser for one "data recovery event". The Company will attempt to restore the lost data by employing one of the following ways:
- The Company or its contracted partner will provide phone or email based support to assist in recovering the data, or
- The Company will pay for the disaster exposed product to be shipped back to the Company's headquarters for data recovery. If data recovery is successful, a replacement product will be loaded with the original data and shipped back to the original user, or
- At the discretion of the Company, if the data recovery by the Company is not successful, the Company will pay up to the amount shown in the table below for the specific product to a third-party disk recovery service of the Company's choice to extract the data. Any data extracted will be loaded on a replacement product and shipped back to the original user. The Company has the right to use a factory refurbished product as the replacement product.
||U.S. Dollars per Disk
|Solo External HDD
|SoloPRO External HDD
|3.5 Pilot, 3.5 Squadron
|ioSafe Rugged Portable
|ioSafe Rugged Portable SSD
|SoloPRO External SSD
The Company's good faith attempts to restore and recover the data in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy and the Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever. The Company cannot guarantee that any data will be recoverable nor can it guarantee which data files are on the product. Data restoration or recovery shall be strictly limited to whatever files are restorable or recoverable and not what the purchaser believes to exist on the product. Only one instance of a "data recovery event" per product is covered by this program for products registered to the original purchaser only.